CAREFULLY REVIEW THE BELOW INFORMATION prior to completing this application!
Thank you all for your interest in the 2020 Kingston Women’s Virtual Art Festival. Unfortunately we will not be having an outdoor festival this year. It’s a bit of a disappointment because every year we are able to raise nearly $8000 to give back to local charities that support women and children all while supporting women makers and artists to grow their businesses.
So instead we are going to do our best to host a successful virtual market.
Because of the size and fragility of a lot of our makers’ and artists’ products we would not be offering shipping for this market. It will be a local pick up only market.
- Friday August 14th-Sunday August 16th
- VIRTUAL on our NEW (yet to be built) online shop.
- 15 unique products with up to 10 variants.
- $20 Fee to cover website and other costs. And either 5% from each sale goes to Kingston Women’s Art Festival OR you can donate an item to our silent auction. Donated item must be worth a minimum of $30 retail. We don’t expect to raise as much as previous years but every little bit helps!
- Includes bio supplied by maker on the meet the makers page and one social media feature on IG and/or facebook.
- Makers will be supplied with a spreadsheet template that MUST be followed for product listings.
- Product photos must include individual product images that are professional quality with white background and cropped to squares of 1800×1800 pixels. No exceptions on this as we do not have the capacity to edit individual photos on a per maker basis. If you do not know how to do this we will provide tips and/or you will need to ask for help from friends or family.
- Makers will need to drop off sold products by Tuesday August 18th 500pm at the latest.
- You will need to make a minimum of three social media posts supplied by KWAF committee.
- Makers who cannot agree to these requirements will not be considered.
KWAF committee is responsible for uploading makers products with descriptions/images to the shop. We will also take care of bagging and arranging pick up with customers as well as maintaining social media presence/advertising the market.
This is a juried market. KWAF committee reserves the right to select makers based on social media presence, quality and uniqueness of your work. We also strive to limit too much overlap in each category. We will be limiting the number of makers to 50 in total to keep things manageable.
If you have read and agree to all of the above and would like to be considered for our first (and hopefully only) virtual market please complete the form below.
If anyone has experience with Shopify and/or Social Media and would like to help us make this a hugely successful event please indicate how you can help in your response. We are also looking for volunteers to help with packaging orders after the event – with covid safety precautions in place of course.
- All fields indicated with an (*) asterisk must be filled out.
- Photos MUST be included in your application to be considered.
- Double check your application. Make sure all fields are filled in with the correct information with no spelling errors, etc.
- Wait for the confirmation message before closing the window.